Code of Conduct
• Please be willing to help the team when your time and knowledge permits. To be a member in good standing, you must volunteer your time on a regular basis.
• All decision making will be done by the Board of Directors with input from members. The Board of directors has final say on whether a member is in good standing, how race reimbursement and team funds will be distributed, and how the program will be organized. Full financial and decision-making information will be provided to any member upon request.
• Members should maintain a racing license, abide by all rules of the sport’s sanctioning bodies, as well as strive to be an ambassador for the cycling community and Steamboat Velo. This includes wearing a helmet on all group rides, respecting laws of the road and in general being courteous to other riders and motorists. Dangerous or reckless riding, aggressive or obscene behavior towards motorists or other cyclists, or poor sportsmanship will not be tolerated and can lead to revoked membership. Please be responsible for your actions on the bike.
• Members of Steamboat Velo are not automatically entitled to any discounts, bro deals, pro deals, local deals, or other special consideration from our sponsors. Our sponsors have already made a significant commitment to our team and any additional support is at their discretion with you directly. You should however feed business back to our sponsors in appreciation of their support.
• Members can race on any brand of bike they choose (as long as it is safe to race and ride on). Moots has made a significant financial and logistical contribution as our presenting sponsor and we encourage you to consider racing a Moots, but there is no requirement to be on a Moots.
• Members can be active in other non-competitive cycling clubs such as Bicycle Colorado and Routt Country Riders. However, ACA and USCF/NORBA only allow one team listing on race licenses and require team members to race in their team clothing. Please show your commitment to our sponsors and your teammates by racing and training as much as possible in your Steamboat Velo clothing. Riders who are racing in another team jersey or have a different team listed in results will not be eligible for race reimbursement for that race.
• Steamboat Velo will not discriminate and prohibits its members from discriminating on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, ability or age in any of its program or membership process. We reserve the right to allocate resources beyond the standard member benefits for specific members or groups of members, as we deem appropriate.