Steamboat Velo is a organization for anyone with an interest in bike racing. Our program is geared towards road, mountain and cyclocross racing and offers benefits including:
- Race Entry Fee Reimbursement
- Organized group rides
- Social Events and supported training rides
- A high level of fun and camaraderie
- Team race clothing
- Our own promoted race events
In return we ask that all of our members be fully committed to the success of Steamboat Velo and our events as well as competing at a minimum of one race a year. If you just want the jersey and shorts or have no intent on racing, we would suggest checking out some of the other cycling groups in Steamboat. All members of Steamboat Velo are asked to commit to the following:
- Maintain an ACA and/or USAC racing license and follow the rules of those sanctioning bodies
- Wear a helmet on all group rides, respect road laws and in general be courteous to other riders and motorists
- Be ready to volunteer for Steamboat Velo events as well as other local cycling groups/events
- Race in your Steamboat Velo kit and list Steamboat Velo p/b Moots as your race team for results
Lastly, members of Steamboat Velo are not automatically entitled to any discounts, bro deals, pro deals, local deals, or other special consideration from our sponsors. Our sponsors have already made a significant commitment to our team and any additional support is at their discretion with you directly. You should however feed business back to our sponsors in appreciation of their support.
Ready to join? Download our 2012 member application here.
Or if you have more questions click here. Get in touch.